- Background Information
- Industrial Successes
- Computing Background
- Formal Education
- Other Certifications
- Personal Details
- Contact Information
- Personal Interests
- View/Download Résumé (PDF)
- Real-World Technical Experience / Portfolio
Finding the best opportunities available to me and moving towards the things I'm truly passionate about. Everything is learning and learning is what I'm after. This website is just an attempt to keep me available for the right people to find me. Whether there's a business opportunity or a job that could change my life, I believe the information I'm making available in this website would help you find me useful, interesting and needed to be a part of your success.
I am a Software Engineer with 15+ years of experience in related fields. I graduated in 2009 from Middlesex University of London. My involvement with web development began in 2000 when I took up basic PHP programming as my hobby. Throughout the next five years this developed into a fascination with both networking (Linux based LAN) and web development.
Before I started my O/Levels, I became sure that a career involving both networking and web development was the path to follow. Around the same time, I realised the increasing importance of computers and telecommunication systems in all parts of industry. With Internet access, web development and large databases were becoming ever more prevalent and it was clear to me that I would need a broad knowledge of the business world to successfully follow my career path.
It has so far been a wonderful journey meeting talented experts in my area of profession. The recent explosion of technologies, the climate of the business environment and the industry I'm in, gave me a roller coaster feeling to be part of and face the challenges. Nowadays I mostly work on Pega related technologies for my employer and got certified as Lead System Architect and Robotics System Architect. Also, recently, I found myself spending a fair bit of time learning cloud computing and data science.
During 2005-2007, as part of my JOB, I undertook a sixth-month industrial training at Masters DDB - a Sri Lankan Advertising Agency. The training and then the job was ideal for me, sitting between the Advertising and Web worlds. The result was a success and I was appreciated. It was a valuable experience and opportunity to meet senior figures from a variety of companies and organisations.
Doing group projects as part of my BTECH higher national diploma has proved a vital way of building team skills. I tend to take charge of situations through a reasoned approach to the problem at hand, fostering mutual respect to unite members of my team and come to an acceptable compromise.
In the meantime, I started a business with some of my school friends mainly focusing on web development, graphic designing and 2d animations, at the age of 17. It wasn’t easy for me to handle at that time, only because of the lack of management skills. But the designs and technology we used were good. So, with about 6 – 12 months of hard relentless work, we started getting several projects. Managing those projects and giving those projects to clients on time was difficult. We had to ask for excuses from our clients. Little by little we started getting better at managing time and giving projects on time. Doing projects at my own company “ACTIV”, working for Masters DDB and studying HND was a great experience that nearly burnt me out, however, every time I finish something meeting my/clients' expectations, I felt great. Since my work in all three places are related, I was able to manage.
I believe that more than just technical skill is required in the IT industry so ensured I would have a basic knowledge of business processes and media concepts, which are vital to make technology work with a business rather than against it. So, I took up the challenging opportunities and worked several places holding technically exciting & challenging positions involving Public Relations and then Law. The software applications I developed were appreciated and I'm hoping to organise them and showcase them in the portfolio section of this website without violating the agreements with the companies I worked for.
Life's own unpredictable turn of events returned me back to Sri Lanka with better opportunities. In 2012 January, I joined Virtusa in a fairly new area of technology at the time (at least for me), Business Process Management (Pega BPM), starting from zero. Pega, a rapidly changing technology, is super fun to learn and work on and at times hard to keep up. Pega is no longer a Business Rules Engine (BRE) and its total solution suits digital transformation. I enjoy the learning and the freedom Pega provides to worry less about technical problems than business problems, often not the case with Java technology or .NET. Past 10+ years worked on multiple multi-million-dollar projects and was fortunate enough to have had good mentors and experts to learn from. In those projects, every module I was part of helped the team deliver builds on time with the least number of defects.
In 2001 I became involved in Internet technologies, starting with simple static HTML pages before progressing to dynamic, database-driven websites. After the O/L exam, in 2003, I studied Macromedia flash, Fireworks and Adobe Photoshop for web graphics/animations.
My Internet and traditional programming backgrounds led me to experiment with ASP in 2005 and ASP.NET in 2008 and I have been using it since then.
My varied background has given me experience with (or at least exposure to) a variety of languages, applications and technologies. Items marked with a * indicate a passing familiarity rather than in-depth knowledge.
- PRPC 6.2 - 8.7 [2012-2022]
- Peg Robotics Studio [2018-2020]
- Pega CPM 6.2 [2012-2013]
- Pega CMF* [2012-2013]
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) [2019-2022]
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) [2019-2020] *
- Microsoft Azure [2019-2020] *
API Management Platforms
- Apigee [2019-2022] *
- Visual basic 2000 [2003-2013]
- VBA/micros - familiar with 2000/XP/2003 [1999-2006] *
- Java [2004-2020]
- .NET (C#) [2008-2020]
- C/C++ (inc. Borland C++, C++ Builder)  *
- PHP 4 & 5 [2000-2009]
- ASP [2005-2020]
Functional Programming Languages
- Pseudocode  *
- Flowchart  *
- HTML [2000-2020]
- JSON [2012-2020]
- WML (Wireless Markup Language) [2003-2004] *
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) [2005-2020]
- Nginx [2019-2020]
- Apache [2003-2020]
- Microsoft IIS [2003-2020]
- Send Mail Server [2005-2006]
- Postfix Mail Server  *
- QMail server using qmailrocks  *
- Microsoft Access 6.0, 97, 2000, XP, 2003, Live [1999-2006] *
- mySQL [2003-2006]
- Postgres [2006-2020]
- MS SQL [2006-2020]
- Oracle [2011-2013] *
- Windows 9x, 2000 Professional/Advanced Server, XP, 2003, Vista & 7
- Linux (RedHat [9.0/ES3/ES4/AS3/Fedora Project], Ubuntu and SuSE* distributions)
Web Designing Applications
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Fine Site Designer *
- Deto 6.5 *
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Adobe - Flash, fireworks (5,6,7, MX 2004, 8 & CS3 Professional)
- Adobe Photoshop (7, CS, CS2 & CS3)
- Adobe After Effects (7 & CS3)
- Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6/8 & Acid Pro 4
- DJ Studio 7.0 *
- fruity loops 8.0 *
- Studio Manager Max 12 *
- 3d max 8 *
- Standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook) *
- Microsoft Visio
- More.... *
* -A passing familiarity with these items but have never used them in a real project.
2008 – 2009 Middlesex University. [BSc (Hons) in Computer Science]
- Internet Game Programming
- Developing Enterprise Systems
- Computing Project Management
- Distributed Internet Programming
- Developing Internet Applications
Undergraduate Computing Project
2006 - 2008 ICBT Campus. [Higher National Diploma (Edexcel UK) in Computing.]
- Computer Platforms
- System Analysis
- Software Constructs & Tools
- Computing Solutions
- Quality Management Principles
- Communication Technology
- Networking Using Windows 2003 Server
- Data Analysis & Database Design
- Visual Programming Using VB.NET
- Introduction To Programming
- Computer Implementation Project
- Database Management Systems
- Object-Oriented Programming Using C++
- Advanced Computing Project
- Certified Lead System Architect (7.4)
- Certified Robotics System Architect (8.0)
- Certified Senior System Architect (6.2)
- Certified System Architect (6.2)
- Certificate in Macromedia Flash MX
- Certificate in Adobe Photoshop 7.0
- Certificate in Business English
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Jeyarajah Jeyaram
- Date of birth:
- Tamil, English, Singhalese
London NW9 0NA
- Mobile Phone No:
- 00 44 78 01 99 33 48
For the past fifteen plus years I have been involved in successful small to medium-sized to large projects in industry, approaching enterprise application development with business and technology needs in mind.
I believe my skills and experiences, together with hard work and determination to succeed, will be a great help and allow me to play a leading role in my field.